Assisting Tribal Nations with Climate Change Adaptation
Native communities are among the most vulnerable to climate change due to their small size and limited resources, as well limited voice in American government policy making and our culture. DOI has declared it a mandatory goal that the agency works to assist tribes with their climate change adaptation needs. Doing so requires considerable time developing relationships and trust. In addition to engagement through site visits, this project entails providing localized climate summaries (data tables, maps, time series) for tribal communities in the NE CASC footprint as well as engaging them in decision making frameworks such as Scenario Planning.
- Bryan, A. M.: NE CSC: Adapting our wildlife, landscapes, waterways, and cultural assets to climate change, BIA Liaison training, remote presentation, 5 Sept 2017.
- Bryan, A. M.: Climate Change Science: A Western Perspective, United Southern and Eastern Tribes (USET) Climate Workshop, Oneida, NY, Nov 9, 2016.
- Bryan, A. M.: Indigenous Communities: Approaches, Successes, and Challenges in Tribal and First Nations Adaptation Planning, Session Convener, Great Lakes Adaptation Forum, Ann Arbor, MI, Oct 6, 2016.
- Bryan, A. M.: Climate Change: An overview for the Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin, Menominee Reservation, WI, Sep 6, 2016.
- Bryan, A. M.: Climate Change - An overview for the Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin, Menominee Reservation, WI, Aug 1, 2016.
- Bryan, A.M.: Overview of climate change and impacts in the region, Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP) training: Climate Change Adaptation Planning, Red Cliff, WI, July 12, 2016.
- Bryan, A. M., K. P. Whyte, J. Mauchmar, F. Marsik, C. Caldwell, M. Schaefer: Assisting Tribes with Climate Change Adaptation as a Federal Agency, Midwest Fish and Wildlife Conference, Grand Rapids, MI, 26 Jan 2016.
- Bryan, A. M.: Little Traverse Bay Band's Shifting Seasons, Community Meeting on Climate Adaptation Planning, Little Traverse Bay Band of Odawa Indians Community Center, Harbor Springs, MI, 15 Oct 2015.
- Bryan, A. M.: An introduction to the NE CSC and climate change impacts on the Little Traverse Bay Band, Petoskey, MI, 6 May 2015.
- Bryan, A. M.: An introduction to the NE CSC and climate change impacts on the Grand Traverse Bay Band, Grand Traverse Bay, MI, 5 May 2015.